KPD investigating attempted kidnapping
UPDATE 1:38 p.m. — After further investigation and statements from the juvenile victim, the case has been ruled unfounded, according to Kingsland Police Department.
Although this particular case was ruled unfounded, parents are still encouraged to take the time to remind their children of the following safety tips:
1) Do not talk to strangers
2) Be aware of your surroundings
3) Stick together – there is safety in numbers
4) Practice basic self-defense.
5) If you’re home alone – lock the doors
6) Always get to a safe place and immediately report the incident to local law enforcement.
Kingsland police are investigating an attempted kidnapping after parents reported that a man and a woman in a car tried to grab their children in a neighborhood off of Clarks Bluff last night.
KPD has only said that officers were dispatched at 8:44 p.m. to a residence in reference to an attempted abduction and that there was an unrelated traffic stop, which resulted in an arrest, nearby.